- 2 Blossom Button (94-6601-26)
- 2 Small Blossom Charm (94-2547-26)
- 2 French Hoop Regular Loop Ear Wire (90-3170-01)
- 2 Eye Pin, 21 Gauge, 2" (01-0027-09)
- 6 Leaf Bead Cap, 5mm (94-5570-26)
- 4 Petal Bead Cap, 4mm (94-5598-26)
- 2 Scalloped Bead Cap, 4mm (94-5596-26)
- 4 Round Jump Ring 18ga, 8mm (01-0026-09)
- 8 Finial Half-Drilled Beads OR 8 Head Pin, 21 Gauge, 2" (01-0028-09) and 8 size 11 round seed beads
- 4 Czech bell flower beads, 4x5mm
- 4 Czech bell flower beads, 6mm
- 3 Czech bell flower beads, 8mm
- 22 gauge craft wire
- chain nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- flush cutters
- jewelers adhesive
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 2”
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Download the Blossom Button Earrings PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
Tip: If you don't want to use the finial beads and craft wire, simply replace them with head pins and seed beads and begin instructions on Step 3.
- Cut ten 2" pieces of craft wire.
- Use jewelers adhesive to glue one finial bead onto the end of one piece of wire. Repeat with remaining finial beads. Allow to dry.
- ALTERNATELY: String one seed bead onto one head pin. Repeat with remaining seed beads. Set aside.
- On one eye pin string one leaf bead cap, wide end first, followed by one 8mm flower bead, wide end first, then one scalloped bead cap. Form wrapped loop and trim excess wire. Open bottom loop of eye pin and attach one flower charm. Close loop. Repeat with second eye pin. Set aside.
- On one wire or head pin string one leaf bead cap, wide end first, followed by one 6mm flower bead. Form wrapped loop. Repeat three times. Set aside.
- Repeat Step 5 with petal bead caps and 4x5mm flower beads.
- Open one jump ring and attach bead dangles in the following order: small flower, medium flower, large flower with charm, medium flower and small flower. Attach jump ring to shank of one button. Close jump ring. Repeat with remaining dangles and second button.
- Open one jump ring and attach to the shank of one button. Before closing jump ring add one ear wire, making sure button will hang facing front. Close jump ring. Repeat for second earring.