Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: Bracelet and earrings shown are suggestion only. Choose and arrange beads as desired for your versions.
- Choose 2-4 beads from bead strand for earrings. Set aside.
- Bracelet: Pre-stretch cord by pulling firmly from both ends a few times.
- Attach small binder clip or bead stopper 2-3” from one end of stretch cord.
- Determine desired length of bracelet, then arrange remaining beads, seed beads and faceted spacers in desired order on work surface or beading board, ending with one faceted spacer.
- String all beads onto stretch cord.
- Remove bead stopper and tie ends together in a Surgeon’s Knot. (Fig 1) Tighten securely, pulling cords from all directions to make sure knot is secure.
- Thread one tail of the knot through final faceted spacer then pull on both tails to hide knot inside. Carefully trim cord ends*.
- *Optional: apply a small amount of clear nail polish or G-S Hypo Cement to knot and allow to dry before trimming ends.
- Open jump ring and attach to one charm. Attach where desired on bracelet and close jump ring.
- Earrings: Determine arrangement of bead caps, glass beads, spacers and seed beads as desired.
- Pick up one eye pin and string beads on in desired order. At top of final bead bend wire over at right angle, protecting top of bead with thumbnail.
- Trim wire end to 3/8”, then use round nose pliers to form simple loop.
- Open loop at top and attach one ear wire. Close loop.
- Open loop at bottom and attach one charm. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 11-14 for second earring.