- 1 Sun & Moon Pendant (94-2574-12)
- 1 Moon Phases Set (94-2572-11)
- 2 Intermix 4 Ring Link (94-3212-12)
- 1 Intermix 3 Ring Link (94-3213-12)
- 38 Faceted 3mm Spacer Bead (93-0422-12)
- 42 Faceted 3mm Spacer Bead (93-0422-26)
- 1 Classic Hook (94-6148-12)
- 12 Oval Jump Ring 20ga 4x3mm ID (01-0018-01)
- 4 Round Jump Ring 18ga 8mm ID (01-0026-01)
- 1 Round Jump Ring 19ga 5.5mm ID (01-0025-01)
- 2 Crimp Bead 2x2mm (01-0030-01)
- 5” Embossed Brass Cable Chain 9x6mm (20-0325-12)
- 44 Rough Nugget Pyrite 4-5mm Gemstone Beads
- 8 10mm Faceted Round Sunset Dumorterite Beads
- 30 6mm Faceted Rondelle Citrine Beads
- 14" 5mm Deertan Lace (brown)
- 14" Decorative Yarn/Fiber (blue)
- Fine Nylon or Silk Beading Thread (blue)
- .5mm C Lon Cord or similar (yellow)
- Beading Wire
- 24ga Craft Wire (silver)
- chain nose pliers (2)
- crimping pliers
- wire cutters
- jewelers adhesive
- business card or similar for wrapping tassel
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 26-31” (adjustable)
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Celestial Necklace PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: The yellow cord gives a nice color accent in the lower strand of beads. Use beading wire and crimp beads if preferred.
- Tassel: Cut one 4" piece of craft wire. Set aside.
- Wrap blue thread around card to desired tassel thickness. Open 5.5mm jump ring and thread underneath wrap at one side of card. Close securely.
- Slide wrapped thread off of card. Pick up craft wire and wrap tightly around tassel 4-5 times next to jump ring. Trim excess wire and use chain nose pliers to tuck in ends.
- Use scissors to cut wrap at other end. Trim tassel as desired. Set aside.
- Necklace: Open 1 jump ring and attach to one side of 3 Ring link. Close securely. Repeat on other side of link. Set aside.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach to one 4 Ring link. Close securely.
- Cut one 10" piece of yellow cord. Attach 1 end of cord to jump ring with a double knot. Tighten securely.
- String on *1 silver spacer, 1 citrine bead, 1 gold spacer, 1 citrine bead, 1 gold spacer, 1 citrine bead, 1 silver spacer and 1 dumortierite bead*. Repeat * through * 4 times, omitting final dumortierite bead.
- Thread cord through jump ring at one side of 3 Ring Link and secure with double knot as in Step 7. Add a small amount of glue to both knots and allow to dry.
- Repeat Steps 6-9.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach to an adjacent ring of one 4 Ring link. Repeat with second 4 Ring link.
- Cut one 10" piece of beading wire. String on 1 crimp bead then thread end through jump ring placed in Step 11 and use crimping pliers to secure.
- String on *1 silver spacer, 1 pyrite bead, 1 gold spacer and 1 pyrite bead*. Repeat * through * 8 times.
- String 1 crescent moon charm, concave side facing pyrite bead, then 1 pyrite bead, 1 gold spacer, and 1 pyrite bead.
- Repeat Step 14 twice to add half moon charm and full moon charm. Repeat twice again to add second half moon charm and second crescent moon charm, facing them the opposite direction.
- Repeat Step 13 * through * 8 times. String 1 silver spacer and 1 crimp bead, then attach to second 4 Ring link as in Step 12.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach to a third ring of one 4 Ring link. Before closing add one 8mm round jump ring. Close both jump rings securely and repeat on second 4 Ring link.
- Cut four 4" pieces of craft wire. set aside.
- Cut deertan lace and yarn in half.
- Pick up 1 strand of each. Holding the ends together thread them 1" through round jump ring at one side of necklace. Fold over and secure by wrapping 5-6 times with craft wire. Trim wire ends and use chain nose pliers to tuck ends in. Repeat at other end to attach second round jump ring.
- Repeat Step 20 at other side of necklace.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach at one side of necklace. Before closing add small loop of hook. Close jump ring. Repeat at other side adding chain instead of hook.
- Use remaining oval jump rings to attach pendant and tassel at bottom of 3 Ring link.