Design Inspiration Supplies
Tip: Leather cord can vary in thickness. If your cord is a tight fit for the spacer beads, try using a beading awl to coax the cord through.
- 1 Swirl Button (94-6574-27)
- 2 2mm Pagoda Cord End (01-0200-27)
- 1 3/8” Anna Clasp Set (94-6151-27)
- 2 5mm Nugget Spacer (93-0450-27)
- 2 4mm Round Jump Ring (01-0024-27)
- chain nose pliers
- Super New Glue
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
Finished Size: Approx. 7 1/2"
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on jump rings).
- Cut two 7 ½” pieces of 1mm round leather cord. Trim ends at sharp angles.
- Attach one piece of cord to the button with a Larks Head Knot: fold the cord in half and thread both ends through one hole of the button from the concave side. Pull through until there is a ½-1” loop. Thread the two ends of the cord through the loop. Pull snugly, adjusting cords as necessary to keep ends even.
- Repeat Step 2 with second piece of cord on the other side of the button.
- String one spacer bead onto the cords on one side of the bracelet and slide it up to the button. Repeat on other side.
- On one side of the bracelet, dab some glue on the 2 ends of cord. Insert both ends securely into one cord end.
- Repeat Step 5 on the other side of the bracelet.
- Add one jump ring to the clasp bar and one jump ring to the clasp ring.
- Attach the clasp bar to one end of the bracelet and close the jump ring. Add the clasp ring to the other side of the bracelet and close the jump ring.
Download the A Swirl of Bracelets PDF