Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
- String one gemstone bead onto one head pin. Bend wire over at right angle about 2mm above bead, then use round nose pliers to form wrapped loop. Use flush cutters to trim excess wire.
- Open one jump ring and attach to hole at one side of disk link. Before closing jump ring add gemstone dangle. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach it to second hole on disk link. Before closing jump ring attach one wavy disk, convex side out. Close jump ring.
- Pick up one ear wire and grasp upper part of hook firmly with chain nose pliers. Use second pair of pliers to turn loop perpendicular to hook.
- Open ear wire loop and attach to jump ring at top of earring. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for second earring.
Download the African Spirit Earrings PDF