Design Inspiration Supplies
- 2 Niobium Earwire, Copper (90-5178-01)
- 2 10mm Wavy Disk Bead (93-0448-18)
- 2 1” Hammertone Disk Link (94-3148-27)
- 2 2” 21ga Headpin (01-0028-27)
- 4 5mm Round Jumprings (01-0020-08)
- 2 9-10mm Round Gemstone Beads (African Turquoise shown)
- flush cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
Finished Size: Approx. 2"
Designer: Julie Young
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for videos on wrapped loops and jump rings).
- String one gemstone bead onto one headpin. Bend wire over at right angle about 2mm above bead, then use round nose pliers to form wrapped loop. Use flush cutters to trim excess wire.
- Open one jump ring and attach to hole at one side of disk link. Before closing jump ring add gemstone dangle. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach it to second hole on disk link. Before closing jump ring attach one wavy disk, convex side out. Close jump ring.
- Pick up one earwire and grasp upper part of hook firmly with chain nose pliers. Use second pair of pliers to turn loop perpendicular to hook.
- Open earwire loop and attach to jump ring at top of earring. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for second earring.