Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: If not using a bead stopper keep watch on your beads while making the earrings so they don't fall off of the beading wire.
- Cut a 3-4" piece of beading wire.
- String on *1 seed bead and 1 leaf charm*. Repeat * through * twice, then string 1 more seed bead. Attach a bead stopper at one end of the wire. (Optional)
- Thread other end of the wire through a loop of 1 stitch-in link, then string on 1 seed bead, 1 crimp bead, and 1 seed bead, then pass wire through second loop of stitch-in link.
- Remove bead stopper at other end and thread through the second loop of the stitch-in link, then through seed bead, crimp bead, seed bead and first loop of stitch-in link.
- Pull wire ends to adjust loop to desired size.
- Use chain nose pliers or flat tips of crimping pliers to carefully flatten the crimp bead until secure. Trim excess wire at outside edges of stitch-in loops.
- Open loop of 1 ear wire and attach at top of stitch-in link.
- Repeat Steps 1-7 for second earring.
- Cut 4x2.5mm chain length in half. Set aside.
- Separate a 10 link strand from the 6x4mm chain. Set remaining chain aside.
- Open 1 jump ring and attach to one end of the 10 link strand. Before closing attach one end of a 4x2.5mm chain strand. Close jump ring. Repeat at other end.
- Open the first link of the 10 link strand and attach one gold leaf charm. Close link. Open the next link and attach a silver charm. Close link. Open next link and attach a copper charm. Close link.
- Repeat Step 4 twice to attach remaining charms, then attach final gold charm.
- Open 1 jump ring and attach remaining 6x4mm chain strand to one end of the necklace. Close jump ring.
- Open last jump ring and attach lobster clasp at other end of necklace. Close jump ring.