Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings, Crimping and Cord Ends)
Tip: When determining desired bracelet length allow 2 ¼” for cord ends and clasp, and an extra 1/8” at each end of beaded strand to fit inside cord ends. Also, allow extra length to make up for thickness of bracelet. (Thicker bracelet materials result in smaller inside diameter.)
- Cut one 10” strand of beading wire. String one crimp bead onto one end. Thread 1” of wire back through crimp creating small loop (about 1/8”). Secure with crimping pliers. Repeat six times.
- Pick up one prepared wire. String several Faceted Spacers, covering tail. Continue stringing spacers and gemstone beads, using more spacers at beginning and gradually adding more gemstones to desired length – 5”-7” String one crimp bead. Thread wire back through crimp and several beads (if possible) creating small loop. Make sure strand is loose enough to curve. Secure with crimping pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Repeat Step 2 six times. (Slight variation in strand length is ok.)
- Open one 6mm jump ring. String on end loop of all strands, then close jump ring. Repeat at other end, twisting strands together slightly as desired.
- Attach clasp ring to one Cord End using one 6mm jump ring. Attach one 6mm jump ring to second Cord End, then use one 4mm jump ring to attach clasp bar.
- Pick up one Cord End and apply adhesive into opening. Use chain nose pliers to pick up jump ring at one end of bracelet and tuck it inside Cord End. Repeat at other end. Allow to dry.
Download the Babbling Brook Bracelet PDF