Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Simple Loops).
Tip: Leather cord can vary in thickness. If yours is more narrow and the Buddha bead slips down add a drop of adhesive inside the bead and allow to dry.* Trim cord ends at angles for easier stringing.
- Cut cord into two 4" pieces.
- Fold one piece of cord in half and thread both ends through one Buddha bead from the top. Position bead near the fold, allowing 1/8-1/4" loop. Tie an overhand knot in the ends of the cord, adjusting length and trimming as desired. (Optional: add drop of glue to knot and allow to dry.)
- Repeat Step 2 with second cord and Buddha bead.
- Onto one eye pin string one bead cap, one sea glass bead, and one bead cap. Form simple loop, trimming excess wire.
- Open loop on one side of eye pin and attach Buddha dangle. Close loop.
- Open loop on one ear wire and attach to top of eye pin. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 for second earring.