Design Inspiration Supplies
- 2 SF 2mm Bead Earwire (90-8120-10)
- 2 Bow Bead (94-5610-12)
- 2 2mm SS Round /Bead (93-0102-00)
- 2 2”24g Headpin (01-0029-01)
- 2 Sm Oval Jump Ring (01-0016-01)
- 2 Swarovski 5328 3mm Crystal, Lt. Siam (Color A)
- 8 Swarovski 5328 4mm Crystal, Lt. Siam (Color A)
- 8 Swarovski 5328 4mm Crystal, Wt. Alabaster (Color B)
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain and/or flat nose pliers
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
Finished Size: Approx. 2”
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on jump rings and wrapped loops).
Tip: When making small wrapped loop, grip wire near tip of round nose plier jaws to keep loop as small as possible. Use scrap wire clippings for practice.
- Close jumprings.
- Pick up one earwire and grasp hook above bead with one pair chain or flat nose pliers. Use second pair to turn loop at bottom 90 degrees. Open loop and attach one jump ring. Close loop. Repeat with second earwire and jump ring.
- Pick up one headpin and string on one 2mm silver bead, one 3mm crystal A, one 4mm crystal B, one jump ring with attached earwire, one 4mm crystal A, one B, one A and one B.
- String one bow bead upside down, followed by one A, one B, and one A.
- Bend wire at right angle 2-3mm after final bead. (This allows space for beads to move when forming curve.)
- Turn candy cane over. Carefully curve top of wire into a hook. Adjust shape by bending wire slightly between beads.
- Turn candy cane back over and finish with small wrapped loop. Trim excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 3-7 for second earring. (When stringing jump ring and earwire pay attention to which direction candy cane will hang.)