Log in for pricingSKU: 90-5128-11
Log in for pricingSKU: 01-0016-08
Log in for pricingSKU: 93-0802-08
Log in for pricingSKU: 01-0212-18
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 4”
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on jump rings).
Tip: When inserting tassels into cord ends use chain nose pliers or tweezers to help tuck them inside securely.
1. Close all oval jump rings securely.
2. Cut two 3” pieces craft wire. Set aside.
3. Cut twelve 4” pieces suede (four per color). Make a mark 1/4” from the end of each piece. Use awl to make a hole at each mark. Set aside.
4. Unwind 2 ft. thread from roll. Thread needle on allowing a 2” tail. String 3-3.25” assorted seed beads and one 2mm bead. Skipping the 2mm bead pass needle back through all beads pulling enough thread through to allow a 4” tail. Remove needle.
5. Cut bead strand from roll allowing a 4” tail. String one jump ring onto the tails. Adjust thread to eliminate gaps in beads and so jump ring is close to final bead. Secure tail(s) to working thread with two overhand knots. Add a dab of adhesive to knots and allow to dry. Trim excess thread.
6. Repeat Steps 4-5 five times, varying length of beaded strand and bead pattern.
7. Make a loop in the center of one piece of wire using the widest point on round nose pliers.*Thread on one bead strand (through jump ring), then two pieces of suede.* Repeat * through * twice more, then move all strands into loop.
8. Wrap wire ends around strands to secure, keeping wrap close to top and adjusting beaded strands to keep them on outside of tassel. Trim excess wire. Trim length of suede strands as desired. Set aside.
9. Repeat Steps 7-8.
10. Attach one round jump ring to top of one cord end. Before closing jump ring attach one ear wire. Repeat.
11. Apply adhesive inside cord ends and insert tassels. Allow to dry.