Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for video on crimping barrel beads)
- Cut leather into two 7” pieces.
- Thread the end of one cord through one barrel bead, up through hole at one end of focal link, and back through barrel bead.
- Tie an overhand knot at end of cord and tighten securely.
- Adjust knot and bead so that they are next to the focal link.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 with second piece of cord.
- Thread loose ends of cords through the third barrel bead from opposite directions.
- Tie an overhand knot at the end of each cord and tighten securely.
- Use flat nose pliers, crimping pliers or hammer* to flatten the barrel bead just enough to lightly grip the cords and make the bracelet adjustable.
- Optional: Repeat Step 8 to secure barrel beads in place next to the focal link.
- * Each tool will create a different effect on the bead.
Download the Celtic Braid Bracelet PDF