Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Wrapped Loops).
Tip: For best results pay attention to spacing and curves when wire wrapping.
- Cut two 16" pieces of 22ga wire and 28 2" pieces of 24ga wire.
- Pick up one piece of 22ga wire and use the wide part of round nose plier jaws to form a curved fold at the center.
- String one 2 hole bar onto one end of the wire all the way to fold.
- Cross the wires loosely and use one 24ga piece of wire to secure the rear piece of wire to the outer edge of the Hammertone ring 1/4" to 3/8" from the fold. Wrap neatly 3 times and trim ends at back. Use chain nose pliers to press ends against ring.
- String one pearl onto front piece of wire. Gently curve wire to position pearl above wire wrap and bring end behind the wire secured in Step 4. Repeat wire wrapping step.
- Repeat Step 5 eleven times.
- String final pearl, then bring wire to front alongside the wire of the curved fold beneath the 2 hole bar. Secure both pieces of wire to the ring with wire wrapping step.
- Curve wire back on itself (using round nose pliers if desired) and thread end through bottom hole of 2 hole bar. Pay attention to symmetry with original curved fold from Step 2.
- Thread rear wire through same hole to exit other side.
- String one pearl onto one wire end. Curve wire to bring end through top hole of 2 hole bar. Repeat with wire on other side, again paying attention to symmetry.
- Curve both ends to cross above the 2 hole bar. Use chain nose pliers to bend one wire straight up at top of bar, then wrap the other wire around it once, finishing at back. Trim end and tuck in with chain nose pliers.
- Use round nose pliers to begin a wrapped loop with long end of wire. Before wrapping string on loop of earring post, making sure the post will face the right direction. Complete wrapped loop and trim excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 2-12 for second earring.