- 2 Concho Crimp End (94-3237-18)
- 2 Niobium Ear Wire, Grey 2mm Copper Bead (90-5120-23)
- 2 Oval Jump Ring 20ga 3x2mm ID (01-0016-08)
- 2 Head Pin 2", 24ga (01-0029-08)
- 6" Embossed Brass Cable 2.5mm Chain (20-1525-18)
- 2 Gemstone Nugget Bead 5-6mm (Turquoise shown)
- 60" 3mm Nubuck or Split Suede Lace (Leather Cord USA Nubuck Red Brown shown)
- 24 gauge craft wire, copper
- chain nose pliers
- flat nose, nylon jaw, or parallel pliers
- round nose pliers
- flush cutters
- 5" card for wrapping
- jeweler's adhesive (optional)
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 5"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Concho Fringe Earrings PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Concho Fringe Earrings Jewelry Making Demo
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Wrapped Loops and Jump Rings).
Tip: When wrapping wire keep the loop at the center of the tassel, pinching wires down as you work.*
- Cut chain into two 3" pieces. Set aside.
- String 1 gemstone bead onto 1 head pin. Form a wrapped loop, trimming excess wire. Repeat. Set aside.
- Cut one 8" piece of craft wire. Use round nose pliers to make a 1/8" loop at the center of the wire, crossing wires at top.
- String one piece of chain into the loop, then bend one wire end straight up from the loop and wrap the other end around 2-3 times. Straighten both wires out to the side. (Fig 1)
- Cut one 30" piece of lace. Wrap around card 3 times. Slide wrap off card.
- Keeping lace loops aligned at top, hold the wrapped wire loop about 1/2" from top and wrap wire ends around both sides 2-3 times each finishing at back. (Fig 2)
- Trim wire ends and use chain nose pliers to press down.
Tuck top of tassel all the way into crimp end*. Arrange as desired, then secure by crimping with flat nose or parallel pliers. *Optional: use a small amount of adhesive inside crimp for extra security.
- Open one jump ring and attach 1 gemstone dangle to bottom of chain. Close jump ring.
- Use scissors to cut loops at bottom of tassel. Trim as desired.
- Open loop of 1 ear wire and attach to top of crimp end. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 3-11 for second earring.