Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for videos on jump rings and crimping barrel beads).
Tip: This is a great project for using up random assortments of small beads!
- Cut cord in half. Set aside.
- Pick up one headpin and string on one bead. Bend wire at right angle at top of bead and trim to 3/8”. Form simple loop. Repeat with remaining beads and headpins. Set aside.
- Open one jumpring and add one charm. Close jumpring. Repeat. Set aside.
- Pick up one piece of cord. Thread one end through loop on post and pull through about 2 ½”. Wrap short end once around long end and form a simple knot. (Fig 1)
- Position knot just below loop and tighten.
- Thread one barrel bead onto cords and slide up to knot. (Fig 2)
- String 8 beads, one charm and 8 more beads onto long end of cord.
- Thread long end through barrel bead from bottom. (Fig 3)
- Adjust loop to 1 ½” long, then use flat nose pliers to crimp barrel bead until secure. (Option: on back side of earring add small amount of super glue into bead before crimping.)
- Trim excess cord.
- Repeat Steps 4-10 for second earring.