Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on wrapped loops).
Tip: Don’t worry about matching the lengths of beaded strands exactly for the tassel – variation is ok!
- Cut 12” strand thread.
- String about 3 ½” of seed beads (or length desired), position beads at center of thread.
- String one accent bead.
- Skipping accent bead pass needle back through all beads.
- Remove needle. Set strand aside
- Repeat Steps 1-5 nine more times
- Gather all strands, making sure slack is removed.
- Twist threads together at top of beads and tie an overhand knot right next to beads.
- Add drop of glue to knot. Allow to dry. Trim excess thread.
- Repeat Steps 1-9 for second tassel.
- Cut one 4” piece of craft wire. Curve wire up about 1 ½” from one end to form a hook.
- Thread hook underneath knot, then secure above knot by wrapping short wire end around long end a few times. Trim excess.
- Thread long end of wire up through bottom of one cone, pulling tassel securely into cone. Bend wire over at top and use round nose pliers to start a wrapped loop using wide end of plier jaws. Before wrapping string loop of one pendant onto wire loop. Complete wrapped loop.
- Repeat Steps 11-13 with second tassel and pendant.
- Cut one 5” piece of craft wire. Thread wire through hole in one pendant to center and fold wire ends up to meet at top of pendant. Bring one end of wire down through hole again and back up to meet other end, snugging the wire against the pendant neatly. Use round nose pliers to form a loop in the longer wire end and secure by wrapping both wire ends. Trim excess wire.
- Repeat Step 15 for second earring.
- Open loop on one earwire and attach to loop at top of one earring. Repeat for second earring.