- 1 Dragonfly Charm (94-2119-12)
- 1 Sunshine Charm (94-2085-12)
- 1 Honeybee Charm (94-2118-40)
- 1 Leap Frog Charm (94-2123-12)
- 1 Hummingbird Charm (94-2120-12
- 1 Violet Leaf Charm (94-2011-12)
- 1 Sunflower Charm (94-2034-12)
- 7 8mm Crystal Bicone Beads, asst. colors
- 18 Gauge silver wire, craft or other half-hard wire
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- ring mandrel or other approx. 3/4" round shape
- bench block or other hammering surface
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 2”
Designer: Irene Sanchez, Garden of Beaden
Demo Video: TierraCast Wine Charm Demo
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Simple Loops)
Tip: The upper loop is work hardened so the wire will hold it's shape with use. Use a slightly forward motion when hammering to help flatten the wire.
- Cut one 6" piece of wire.
- Wrap center of wire around mandrel, bringing ends to meet.
- At one end of wire use tips of round nose pliers to form a small loop, rolling to outside of curved shape. Use chain nose pliers to grasp loop and begin winding into a coil.
- Coil 3-4 times around until coil is approx. 5/16" diameter.
- Place wire shape onto hammering surface and lightly hammer curved section and down sides slightly until flattened as desired. (Hammer both sides.)
- On straight side of wire make a small outward bend in the wire level with the top of the coil.
- String bicone bead onto wire end. Protecting end of bead to avoid chipping, bend wire up at right angle. Trim to approx. 3/8".
- Use round nose pliers to form simple loop.
- Open loop and add one charm. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 1-9 to create additional wine charms.
Download the Garden of Beaden Wine Charms PDF