- 1 Succulent Charm (94-2568-12)
- 1 Stitch-around 20x30mm Teardrop Charm (94-2564-61)
- 1 Victorian Bail (94-5508-12)
- 13 Faceted 3mm Spacer Bead (93-0422-12)
- 1 Heirloom Clasp (94-6070-12)
- 20" Brass Cable 2x6mm Chain (20-0925-12)
- 4 Oval Jump Ring 21ga 4x3mm ID (01-0018-01)
- 12 Peridot 5-6mm faceted rondelle gemstone bead
- 24 Gauge craft wire, silver
- chain nose pliers
- flat nose pliers
- flush cutters
- beading awl or T-pin
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 22”
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Gem Wrapped Succulent Pendant PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Gem Wrapped Succulent Pendant Jewelry Making Demo
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for video on Jump Rings).
Tips: When wire wrapping handle the wire gently and release your grip after each wrap. This will help to avoid too much twisting and work-hardening of the wire.
- Cut one 20" piece of craft wire.
- Anchor the wire to the top loop of the teardrop by threading one end through loop about 1", then wrapping long end around and through loop twice and pulling wire snugly. Do not trim tail yet so you can hold the wire as you wrap.
- Begin to lash on the beads by stringing one faceted spacer onto wire and sliding it down so it sits at outside edge of teardrop. Holding on to the bead to keep it in place wrap wire twice around teardrop right next to bead. Use flat nose pliers to gently twist the bead if needed so that bead hole is in line with outside edge of teardrop.
- Repeat Step 3 with one gemstone bead.
- Repeat Steps 3-4 eleven times, keeping beads and wire tucked close to each other.
- Lash on final faceted spacer, followed by two wraps inside loop of teardrop ending with wire extending from inside loop. Trim wire close to teardrop.
- Trim wire end from Step 1 as in Step 6.
- Open one jump ring and attach to loop on the inside of the teardrop. (Use awl or T-pin to make space if the wire wrapping is in the way.*) Before closing attach succulent charm. Close jump ring.
- Open a second jump ring and attach to loop on the outside of the teardrop. (*) Before closing attach loop of bail. Close jump ring.
- Thread chain through bail.
- Open one jump ring and attach to one end of chain. Before closing attach clasp ring. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Step 11 at other side to attach clasp bar.