Supplies needed: Earrings
2 French Hoop Ear Wire Blank, GF (90-3320-00)
2 Eye Pin 21 gauge 2" (01-0027-09))
2 Oval Jump Ring 20 gauge 4x3mm ID (01-0018-09)
2 Swarovski 5000 Round Bead, 8mm, Montana
2 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 6mm, Crystal Copper
2 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 6mm, Montana
- 2 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 4mm, Smoked Topaz
- 2 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 4mm Crystal Copper
- 2 Swarovski 4928 Tilted Chaton Fancy Stone, 12mm Crystal Copper ZF
- 2 Swarovski 4928 Tilted Chaton Fancy Stone, 18mm Crystal Copper ZF
2 Swarovski 4928/C Tilted Fancy Stone Setting, 12mm
- 2 Swarovski 4928/C Tilted Fancy Stone Setting, 18mm
- Alcohol Wipes
- Swarovski CG500 two-part epoxy adhesive
Supplies needed: Bracelet
- 3 Eyelet 5.3mm (01-0082-27)
- 3 Micro Washer, 6.3mm (01-0070)
- 1 Oval Jump Ring 17 gauge, 5x3.5mm ID (01-0019-27)
- 1 Round Jump Ring 16 gauge, 5mm ID (01-0020-27)
- 3 Round Jump Ring 20 gauge, 4mm ID (01-0024-27)
- 1 Five Setting Wide 14mm Leather Bracelet - Las Vegas Rhinestones RLB 202
- 2 Swarovski 6431 Princess Cut Pendant, 9mm, Montana
- 1 Swarovski 6465 Queen Baguette Pendant, 13.5x6mm, Montana
- 6 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 4mm, Montana
- 20 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 4mm, Crystal Copper
- 33 Swarovski 5328 Bicone Bead, 4mm, Smoked Topaz
- 2 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli,14mm, Smoked Topaz F
- 3 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli, 14mm, Montana F
- 12" Fireline beading thread
- round nose pliers
- chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- wire cutters
- thread cutters
- beading needle
- eyelet setting tool
- bench block
- leather hole punching tool
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Earrings - approx. 2 1/2”, Bracelet - adjustable
Designer: Swarovski Create Your Style
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: We recommend using TierraCast's eyelet setter and anvil for this project (Item #79-0102-00 or 79-0106-00). If not available, use a bench block and set using the ball peen side of a hammer. When punching holes for the eyelets use the smallest setting on rotary hole punching pliers.
Steps - Earrings
- Using alcohol wipes clean all off the drop settings and set aside to dry.
- Using one Chaton fancy stone glue into matching finding. Repeat 3 more times and set aside to dry for 24 hours.
- Using med oval jump ring attach to 12mm chaton finding made in Step 2. Repeat once and set aside.
- Using one eye pin attach to the 18mm chaton finding made in Step 2. Slide on one 8mm 5000 Montana round bead, one 6mm 5328 Crystal Copper bicone bead, one 12mm chaton component made in step 3, one 6mm 5328 Montana bicone bead, one 4mm 5328 Smoked Topaz bicone bead, and make a simple loop.
- Using one Ear Wire blank slide on one 4mm 5328 Crystal Copper bicone bead and make a simple loop. Attach to component made in Step 4.
- Repeat Steps 4-5 to make second earring.
Steps - Necklace
- Find the center of one side of the leather edge and punch a small hole ~6mm from the edge. Move 2.5 inches to the left and punch in another hole ~6mm from the edge and repeat for the right side.
- Slide onto (1) eyelet (1) micro washer placing the component into one of the holes punched in Step 1. Note: make sure the washer is on the right side of the leather. Using a hammer tap from the wrong side the eyelet in place. Repeat for the second and third hole.
- Using the 5 Rivoli(s) 14mm 1122 Montana and Smoked Topaz place them into the settings on the wide leather bracelet. Please see picture for color placement. Bend all 4 prongs closed for each setting.
- Thread the Fire Line through the beading needle, matching the two tails evenly. Make an overhand knot at the end of the tail. From the wrong side next to the eyelet, insert the needle through the leather sideways without going through to the right side. Do this a couple of times to make sure the thread is snug. Pull the needle through the eyelet hole from the wrong to the right side.
- String on all of the 5328 4mm bicones in the following order; 5 smokey topaz, 3 crystal copper, 1 montana. Repeat 5 more times. Ending with 4 smoky topaz and 2 crystal copper.
Keeping the crystals without spaces on the thread wind around the Rivoli settings as shown in the picture. Pull the needle through the eyelet from the right side to the wrong side. Secure the thread close to the eyelet hole only visible from the wrong side.
- Take the needle back through the eyelet and into the crystals. Every 5 or 6 crystals tack down the crystal loop into place using a slip stitch. Continue around the waves until you reach the opposite eyelet. Take the thread through the eyelet to the wrong side and secure the thread. Note: Perform this step without too much tension on the thread.
- Attach 1 large oval jump ring through the middle eyelet. Attach 1 large round jump ring to the oval one. Attach the remaining 3 small jump rings to the 6431 pendant and the 2 6435 pendants. Before closing the rings, attach each drop to the large round jump ring.
Download the Grand Canyon Earrings and Bracelet PDF