Design Inspiration Supplies
- 2 Niobium Earwire (90-5120-25)
- 2 5/8” Flora Ring (94-3199-40)
- 2 3/4” Flora Ring (94-3200-40)
- 2 Jardin Barrel Bead (94-5809-40)
- 2 Jardin Triangle Charm (94-2494-40)
- 6 2” 21g Headpin (01-0028-01)
- 4 4mm Round Jump Ring (01-0024-61)
- 6 3-4mm Czech Glass and/or Gemstone Beads
- 22g Craft Wire
- Embellishment Cord
- chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- flush cutters
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 3 3/4"
Designer: Katie Hill
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for videos on simple loops, wrapped loops, and jump rings).
- String one bead onto one headpin. At top of bead carefully bend wire over at right angle and trim to 3/8”. Form simple loop.
- Repeat Step 2 with all beads, for a total of 6 bead dangles.
- Cut a 3” piece of craft wire. Holding one 3/4” ring next to one 5/8” ring, connect them with 3 wraps of the wire. Trim any excess wire and tuck in the ends.
- Cut eight* 4” pieces of embellishment cord. Fold 4 pieces in half over the larger ring and thread one barrel bead over all strands. Slide bead up to bottom of ring. (* Cut eight or more pieces depending on the thickness of your cord.)
- Cut one 4” piece of craft wire and attach a charm at one end with a wrapped loop.
- Thread other end of wire up through barrel bead in front of tassel until charm hangs about 1/4" from bottom of bead. Bend wire end down over front of bead and secure by wrapping over existing wire wrap.
- Trim excess wire and tuck end in.
- Use chain nose pliers to crimp barrel bead on the embellishment cord to secure it.
- Open the loop of one of the bead dangles and attach it to one of the wire wraps connecting the two rings. Close loop.
- Repeat Step 9 with two more bead dangles.
- Open one jump ring and attach it to top of 5/8” ring. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach it to jump ring added in Step 11. Before closing jump ring slip on an ear wire. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 3-12 for second earring.