Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Sliding Knots).
Watch the video tutorial on our blog post - Knotted Anchor Bracelet Project
Tip: Apply a drop of glue inside the slider knots and the overhand knots before tightening.
- Cut both strands of leather cord in half.
- Fold one piece of black cord in half. Tie a Lark’s Head Knot (Fig 1) on open end of Anchor Pendant.
- Repeat Step 2 on loop end of anchor.
- Secure Lark’s Head Knots with decorative slider knots: Hold one piece of tan cord horizontally. Fold end under 1 ½ - 2”. (Fig 1)
- Align cord with bracelet so that the fold is next to the Lark’s Head Knot.
- Hold fold and knot in one hand. Wrap longer end of tan cord loosely 2-3 times around all cords, moving away from fold. (Fig 2)
- Bring end towards you, then back through all loops and through original loop created by the fold.
- Pull the ends away from each other, pushing loops close together, and tighten securely.
- Trim ends.
- Repeat Steps 4-9 with second tan cord.
- Trim ends of black cords at an angle.
- Thread cords on one side of bracelet through the grooved bead.
- Thread one cord on other side of bracelet through bead from opposite side. Thread the last cord through, using the bead reamer to make room if necessary.
- Center bead and adjust bracelet so that it fits over widest part of hand.
- Make an overhand knot in the cords about an inch from the bead on both sides. Trim excess.