Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping Barrel Beads).
- Keeping cuts as straight as possible, cut two 5” pieces and two 3 ¾” pieces of cord.
- Hold one 5” and one 3 ¾” piece next to each other. With shorter cord to inside thread ends up through one barrel bead 1 ½”. Curve ends over and thread back through bead until ends extend ¼”. (Fig 1)
- String one 5mm spacer, one 7mm spacer and one 5mm spacer onto inside cord.
- Apply glue very lightly onto end of cord. (Wipe off any excess.) Curve cord up to meet other end. Hold ends together for a minute until set. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 for second earring. Set aside.
- Pick up first earring. String one 5mm spacer, one 5x8mm bead, one 5mm spacer, one 7mm spacer, one 10mm bead, one 7mm spacer, one 5mm spacer, one 5x8mm bead and one 5mm spacer onto outside cord.
- Repeat Step 4 to connect ends. Set aside.
- Repeat Steps 6-7 with second earring. Set aside.
- Pick up first earring, Carefully rotate cord loops, moving glued ends securely inside barrel bead and adjusting top loops so that they extend above bead about 3/8”.
- On back side of earring apply tiny drop of glue at top and bottom of barrel bead.
- Crimp barrel bead by setting onto bench block and hammering lightly until secure.
- Attach one round jump ring, one oval jump ring, and one ear wire at top of earring.
- Repeat Steps 9-12 for second earring.
Download the Lasso Earrings PDF