Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Adjustable 7-8”
Designer: Danielle Wickes
Download the Lavender Garden Loomed Bracelet PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
This pattern and instructions for adding the Stitch-in Connector will work with any bead loom type. Depending on your bead loom, instructions for setting up will vary.
The stitch-in features three holes spaced and shaped to fit as size 8/0 round seed beads. Each of the built-in beads will take the place of a bead in this pattern. The pattern incorporates the stitch-in connector in two places to create attachment points for a button and a leather closure. It is represented in the pattern and legend as Color D, the bronze color beads.
1. Loom Set-up: String 10 warp threads onto your loom, per loom manual instructions.
2. Row 1: Begin your weft thread with plenty of length, at least 36” to 40”, and anchor per your loom instructions, then string nine color C beads and complete Row 1. Most looms complete rows by bringing all nine beads, strung along the thread, under the warp threads, aligning them between each of the warps, and then bringing the needle back through the beads in the opposite direction, making sure to keep the needle above the warp threads.
3. Row 2: string one Color B, seven Color C, and one Color B. Stitch back through the beads in the opposite direction, making sure to keep the needle above the warp threads.
4. Row 3: String two B, two C, then string one stitch-in through the first hole, ensuring the top loop is facing up, so that it will sit on top of the work when loomed in. (Fig 1) Bring the beads and button stitch in under the warps and align them between the warp threads. (Fig 2) Then string two C and two B and align the beads between the warp threads. Stitch back through all beads and the stitch-in above the warps in the same way you would complete a regular loomed row.
5. Row 4: String three B, one C, then bring your thread under the warp threads and pass the needle through the stitch-in’s middle hole (Fig 3). String one C and three B. Align the beads between the warps and complete the row with the thread passing back through all beads and the stitch in above the warp threads.
6. Row 5: Repeat Step 5, but with four B, then stitch through the top hole of the button stitch-in (Fig 4). String four B and complete the row. (Fig 5)
7. The rest of the pattern is loomed normally, following the Loom Pattern. Download a pdf of the bead chart and pattern here.
8. When you reach row 50, string one B, three C, the first hole of the second stitch-in connector, three C, and one B. Complete the row with the thread passing back above the warp threads through all beads and the stitch-in.
9. Row 51. String two B, two C then bring your thread under the warps and pass through the center hole of the stitch-in, string two C and two B. Complete the row with the thread passing back above the warp threads through all beads and the stitch-in.
10. Row 52. String three B, one C, then bring your thread under the warps and pass through the last hole of the stitch-in, then string one C and three B. Complete the row with the thread passing back above the warp threads through all beads and the stitch-in.
11. Finish the remaining rows 53-55 as normal, then remove from the loom and weave in warp threads per your loom manual’s instructions.
12. Using chain nose pliers, open a jump ring and attach the apple blossom button to the stitch-in loop over row 4. Close jump ring.
14. Cut a 10” length of 2mm leather cord. String the cord through the loop of the button stitch-in over row 52. Center cord in loop.
15. Tie an overhand knot with both strands of the leather. *Measure from the knot along the cord approx. 17mm (a little over half an inch) and then tie another overhand knot with both strands. Tighten. * Repeat from * to create a second button loop for an adjustable closure. Trim leather and use a small amount of glue to secure the knots.
16. Optional: Open one jump ring and attach to cord at the loop of the stitch-in connector. Before closing string on charm. Close jump ring.