Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for video on crimping barrel beads).
TIP: For added security, apply a bit of adhesive into the 6x2mm barrel beads before crimping, and to the knots before tightening and trimming.
- Cut one 14" and two 6 ¼" pieces of cord. Align the cords next to each other with the 14" strand in the middle extending about 4" past the ends of the shorter cords.
- String one 6x2mm ID Barrel bead onto the ends. Use flat nose pliers to crimp barrel bead. Trim ends of outer cords flush with bead.
- Make a small loop in the 4" end. Wrap the loose end around the base of the loop once and tie an overhand knot. (Fig 1)
- Tighten securely and trim excess cord. (Optional: add drop of adhesive before tightening.)
- String one 5mm Nugget 3 Hole Bar onto the 3 cords.
- String one 7mm Nugget w/2mm ID bead onto center cord.
- String one 4x2mm ID Barrel bead onto center and an adjacent outer cord.
- Repeat Steps 6–7 six times, alternating outer cords.
- String a final nugget bead onto center cord.
- String on the second 3 hole bar. Adjust all beads so that the 3 hole bars are about 5" apart. (Less for a smaller bracelet.)
- Repeat Step 2.
- Make a loop in the 4" end. Before knotting attach the small loop of a Large Classic Hook. Secure with an overhand knot as before.
- Optional: Use flat nose pliers to secure 4x2mm beads into place.
Download the Lazy Zig Zag Bracelet PDF