- 2 Leaf Button (94-6559-18)
- 2 French Hook Ear Wire w/3mm Copper Bead, Niobium Anod.Copper (90-5128-08)
- 2 Lucite Leaf Charm, 15-20mm
- 24 Gauge craft wire, bronze, ant. copper or grey
- Alternative: 2 Heart Leaf Charms (94-2567-18)
- Alternative: 2 Round Jump Ring 20ga 4mm (01-0024-18)
- Alternative: 2 Size 6 Seed Beads
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 2 1/2”
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Leaf Button Earrings PDF
Demo Video: Buttons as Earring Focals
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
Tip: Make sure the loop on your wrapped loops is roomy enough for the leaf to move freely.
- Cut one 10" piece of craft wire.
- Decide which direction you want your Leaf Button to be then position it so holes are vertical. From the back thread the wire 4 inches through the bottom hole. Wrap this wire around the bottom of the button and back through the hole twice (not too tightly). Bring the wire to the bottom. Thread under adjacent wire for stability, then start a large wrapped loop, adding a leaf charm before completing. Wrap generously. Trim excess if needed.
- From the back wrap the other end of the wire around the middle section of button (between the two holes) twice, ending with wire coming towards the front, then around upper section twice. Bring wire to top and thread under adjacent wire. Form a second wrapped loop. Trim excess if needed.
- Open the loop of one ear wire and attach at top. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for second earring.
Alternate Version using Heart Leaf Charms: Add two Round 20ga 4mm Jump Rings, two Heart Leaf Charms and two size 6 seed beads for a bright pop of green. Attach the Heart Leaf Charms in place of the Lucite charms, then add a seed bead to a jump ring and attach in front of the leaf.