Watch our technique video playlist on YouTube - look for videos on jump rings
- Tassel: 1.Open one 6mm round jumpring. Set aside.
- Cut 4” piece of craft wire. Set aside.
- Pick up card. Holding horizontally, begin at bottom of card and wrap floss/thread around 12 times (or more as desired), ending at bottom. Set on work surface. Thread jumpring underneath all strands of wrap. Close jumpring and bring it to top of tassel. Use scissors to cut tassel from remaining floss.
- Slide tassel off card and hold securely. Pick up craft wire. Just below jumpring wrap wire around tassel 4-5 times securely but not too tightly. Trim wire ends at back of tassel.
- Cut loop of floss at bottom of tassel and trim to desired length. (Use damp fingers to straighten fibers if necessary.)
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for second tassel.
- Earrings: Pick up one tassel and fold over so that front side of wire wrap sits at top. Poke awl underneath wrap to make room for jumpring, then thread one small oval jumpring underneath all strands of wire. Attach one small lotus charm, then close jumpring.
- Pick up one large lotus and use one medium oval jumpring to attach tassel to center petal at bottom.
- Use one med. oval jumpring to attach earwire to center petal at top of earring. Option: attach earwire directly to lotus, omitting jumpring.
- Repeat Steps 7-9 for second earring.
Download the Lotus Blossom Earrings PDF