Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog - look for videos on jump rings
- Tassel*: Open one 6mm round jump ring. Set aside.
- Cut 4” piece of craft wire. Set aside.
- Pick up card. Holding horizontally, begin at bottom of card and wrap floss/thread around 12 times (or more as desired), ending at bottom. Set on work surface. Thread one round jump ring underneath all strands of wrap. Close jump ring and bring it to top of tassel. Use scissors to cut tassel from remaining floss.
- Slide tassel off card and hold securely. Pick up craft wire. Just below jump ring wrap wire around tassel 4-5 times securely but not too tightly. Trim wire ends at back of tassel.
- Cut loop of floss at bottom of tassel and trim to desired length. (Use damp fingers to straighten fibers if necessary.)
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for second tassel.
- Earrings: Pick up one tassel and fold slightly so that front side of wrap sits at top. Poke awl underneath wrap to make room, then thread one small oval jump ring underneath all strands of wrap. Attach one small lotus charm, then close jump ring.
- Pick up one large lotus and use one 4x3mm oval jump ring to attach tassel to center petal at bottom.
- Use one 4x3mm oval jump ring to attach earwire to center petal at top of earring. Option: attach earwire directly to lotus, omitting jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 7-9 for second earring.
Download the Lotus Blossom Earrings PDF