Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: When securing final crimp bead be sure not to make the beaded strand too tight. Allow breathing room for the bail and for the strand to drape nicely.*
- String 8mm gemstone bead and 1 Turkish spacer onto head pin. Bend wire over at top of spacer and use round nose pliers to form a 1/8" simple loop, trimming excess wire.
- Open simple loop and attach at bottom of Luna Moth. Close loop. Set aside.
- Open 1 jump ring and attach it to 1 Flora ring. Close jump ring. Repeat.
- Cut one 10-12" piece of beading wire.
- String on 1 crimp bead onto beading wire. Thread wire through 1 jump ring placed in Step 3. Thread end back through crimp bead and adjust so crimp bead is close to jump ring, leaving 1/2" tail. Use crimping pliers to secure. Trim tail close to crimp bead.
- String 1 Turkish spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye bead, 1 Amethyst bead, and 1 Tiger's Eye.
- String 1 Turkish spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye, 1 Peridot, and 1 Tiger's Eye.
- Repeat Steps 6-7 three times.
- Repeat Step 6 once.
- String 1 spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye, 1 Peridot, then add bail. String 1 Peridot and 1 Tiger's Eye. Repeat Steps 6-7 nine times, then string final spacer.
- Repeat Step 5, adjusting to take up slack as needed.*
- Open 1 jump ring and attach to bail loop. Before closing add Luna Moth pendant. Close jump ring.
- String 1 barrel bead onto one end of the silk ribbon. Thread end through ring at one side of beaded strand, then back through barrel bead. Pull through a few inches, then form a sliding knot by tying working end around ribbon in an overhand knot, leaving a 1" tail. (Hint: Aim tail of ribbon towards back of necklace.)
- Repeat Step 13 on other side.
- To adjust length, move the sliding knots and adjust ribbon and barrel beads as desired. (Knots at the back of the necklace for a shorter necklace, knots close to Flora rings for a longer necklace.)