- 1 Luna Moth Link Pendant (94-3234-26)
- 1 Nouveau Bail (94-5629-26)
- 2 Flora Ring Small (94-3198-27)
- 2 Distressed Barrel Bead 6x2mm (94-5792-27)
- 21 Turkish 4.5mm Spacer (94-0425-26)
- 1 Head Pin 2" 21ga (01-0028-09)
- 3 Oval Jump Ring 20ga 4x3mm ID (01-0018-09)
- 2 Crimp Bead 2x2mm (01-0030-09)
- 1 Yellow Gemstone Nugget bead 8mm (Yellow Hematoid Quartz shown)
- 36 Tigers Eye Faceted Gemstone Bead 3mm
- 20 Amethyst Faceted Rondelle Bead 4-5mm
- 20 Peridot Faceted Rondelle Bead 4-5mm
- 32-36" Silk Ribbon
- Fine or Medium Beading Wire
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- crimping pliers
- wire cutters
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: 24-34" Adjustable
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Luna Moth Necklace PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Luna Moth Necklace Jewelry Making Demo
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: When securing final crimp bead be sure not to make the beaded strand too tight. Allow breathing room for the bail and for the strand to drape nicely.*
- String 8mm gemstone bead and 1 Turkish spacer onto head pin. Bend wire over at top of spacer and use round nose pliers to form a 1/8" simple loop, trimming excess wire.
- Open simple loop and attach at bottom of Luna Moth. Close loop. Set aside.
- Open 1 jump ring and attach it to 1 Flora ring. Close jump ring. Repeat.
- Cut one 10-12" piece of beading wire.
- String on 1 crimp bead onto beading wire. Thread wire through 1 jump ring placed in Step 3. Thread end back through crimp bead and adjust so crimp bead is close to jump ring, leaving 1/2" tail. Use crimping pliers to secure. Trim tail close to crimp bead.
- String 1 Turkish spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye bead, 1 Amethyst bead, and 1 Tiger's Eye.
- String 1 Turkish spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye, 1 Peridot, and 1 Tiger's Eye.
- Repeat Steps 6-7 three times.
- Repeat Step 6 once.
- String 1 spacer, 1 Tiger's Eye, 1 Peridot, then add bail. String 1 Peridot and 1 Tiger's Eye. Repeat Steps 6-7 nine times, then string final spacer.
- Repeat Step 5, adjusting to take up slack as needed.*
- Open 1 jump ring and attach to bail loop. Before closing add Luna Moth pendant. Close jump ring.
- String 1 barrel bead onto one end of the silk ribbon. Thread end through ring at one side of beaded strand, then back through barrel bead. Pull through a few inches, then form a sliding knot by tying working end around ribbon in an overhand knot, leaving a 1" tail. (Hint: Aim tail of ribbon towards back of necklace.)
- Repeat Step 13 on other side.
- To adjust length, move the sliding knots and adjust ribbon and barrel beads as desired. (Knots at the back of the necklace for a shorter necklace, knots close to Flora rings for a longer necklace.)