- 1 Hammertone 2 Loop Stitch-in Magnetic Clasp (94-6250-70)
- 102 Gemstone 3mm Faceted Turquoise Beads (A)
- Size 11 Round Seed Beads, silver (B or crossover)
- Size 11 Round Seed Beads, matte Terra Cotta (C)
- Size 4 Fireline, Smoke, or preferred beading thread
- beading needle
- thread snips or sharp scissors
- thread burner (optional)
Skill Level: Beginner-intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 7 1/2"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Netted Turquoise Bracelet PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Netted Turquoise Bracelet Jewelry Making Demo
Variation: with translucent seed beads and Temple Stitch-in 2 Loop Magnetic Clasp
Tip: This project uses a filled tubular netting technique. Seed bead experience is helpful. There are great filled tubular netting tutorials online, including this one from Jill Wiseman - https://bead-patterns.com/learn/netting-tubular-filled. Seed beads can vary in size - after the first couple of Wings and Filler rows, assess and adjust the number of C beads between crossover beads if needed.
- Cut 48" of beading thread and thread needle on one end.
- Pick up 1 A bead, 1 B bead, 1 A, 1 B, 1 A, and 1 B and bring all 6 beads to about 6" from end. From tail end pass through all beads again and pull tight to bring them into a circle. Pass needle through next A and B beads. (Fig 1) This is the first Filler row.
- Wing row: create "wings" by picking up 3 C, 1 B, and 3 C, then pass needle over A and through next B in the circle. Pick up 3 C, 1 B, 3 C, and pass through next B. Repeat once more for third wing. (Fig 2)
- Filler row: Step up by passing needle through next 3 C and 1 B. (Fig 3) Pick up *1 A and pass needle through the B on the next wing*. Repeat * through * twice more. Wings will fold up around the A beads. (Fig 4)
- Repeat Step 3.
- Repeat Step 4.
- Continue adding Wing rows and Filler rows to desired length, ending with a Filler row and allowing about 3/4" for clasp.
- Pass needle through last row again, then weave and knot† a couple of times down rope before trimming thread. Thread needle onto tail at other end and repeat.
- Clasp: thread needle with 24" of thread. Pass needle through wing beads about 3/4" from one end of the bead rope. Weave and knot towards the end of the rope, exiting through 1 A and 1 B in last Filler row. Pick up 1 clasp component and hold hammered side up. *Pick up 3 C and thread needle through right clasp loop from outside edge then pick up 3 C and pass through B again. (Fig 5) Repeat thread path through loop once to reinforce.*
- Pass needle through the next A and B. Flip clasp and bracelet over, pick up 4 C and pass through right clasp loop from outside, pick up 4-5 C and pass through 2nd clasp loop from inside, pick up 4 C and pass through B again. (Fig 6) Repeat to reinforce.
- Pass needle through next A and B. Flip bracelet and clasp over again and repeat * through * in Step 9 again for left clasp loop. (Fig 7)
- Weave and knot down bead rope, then trim tail.
- Lay bracelet out so that it is untwisted and repeat Steps 9-12 to attach second clasp component, being sure to attach so that the magnets will face each other to close.
†Weave and knot: to secure completed beadwork or when adding new thread pass needle through a few beads, then pass needle around thread between beads to form a small loop. Pass needle through loop to form an overhand knot and pull tight. Needle through a few more beads (changing directions if possible) and repeat knotting. Needle through a few beads and trim.