Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: Seed bead sizes can vary. If 3 beads do not fit easily between the loops of the Oasis link, use chain nose pliers to very slightly angle the loops out.
Steps (for 1 pair of earrings)
- Cut one 5" piece of beading wire.
- Pick up one link and thread end of wire through one loop.
- String 3 seed beads onto wire (see Tip), then thread end through second loop.
- Attach bead stopper or binder clip to one end of wire.
- On opposite end string 15 seed beads and one crimp bead.
- Remove bead stopper from other end and attach it after crimp bead.
- Repeat Step 5 on other side of wire.
- Thread second end through crimp bead on first end, then pull both ends to take up slack.
- Secure crimp bead with crimping pliers, taking care not to pinch seed beads on either side. Trim excess wire.
- Optional: Use crimping pliers to attach crimp cover over crimp bead.
- Open one jump ring and attach charm at bottom of hoop, paying attention to which side of the two-sided Oasis link will face front. Close jump ring.
- Open loop on one ear wire and attach to top of Oasis link. Close loop.
- Repeat all steps for second earring.