- 2 Poppy Festoon Link (94-3240-26)
- 2 Petal 5mm Bead Cap (94-5598-26)
- 2 French Hoop Ear Wire w/ 2mm GF Bead (90-3320-10)
- 2 Head Pin 22ga 2" (01-0036-09)
- 2 Round Jump Ring 19ga 5.5mm ID (01-0025-09)
- 4 Oval Jump Ring 20ga 3x2mm ID (01-0016-09)
- 4" Embossed Cable Chain 2.5mm (20-1525-26)
- 2 Round 8mm Gemstone Bead (Amethyst shown)
- chain nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 3"
Designer: Kierston Aiello
Download the Poppy Festoon Earrings PDF
Watch our technique videos TierraCast Blog (look for Simple Loops and Jump Rings).
Tip: When attaching chain to second side of link pick up the festoon to let the chain hang straight down, then bring the end up to attach to the loop. This will ensure that the chain is not twisted.
- Onto 1 head pin string 1 gemstone bead and 1 bead cap. At top of cap bend wire over at right angle. Use wire cutters to trim to about 3/8", then use round nose pliers to form simple loop. Repeat. Set aside.
- Cut chain into two approximately 2" pieces, with each segment having an odd number of links.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach to one side of festoon link. Before closing add end link of 1 chain segment. Close jump ring.
- Open 1 oval jump ring and attach to other end of chain, then to other side of festoon link. (See tip)
- Open round jump ring and attach at center of festoon. Before closing attach 1 gemstone dangle. Close jump ring.
- Open ear wire loop and attach to center link of chain, paying attention to which side of festoon will face forward.
- Repeat Steps 2-6 for second earring.