Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings, Simple Loops, and Crimping).
Tip: This project uses only the ring of the Artisan Clasp Set. Set the bar aside for another use.
- Separate chain into one 11 1/2" piece, one 9" piece, one 1 1/2" piece, two 1" pieces, two 3/4" pieces, and three 1/2" pieces. Set aside.
- Beaded strand: Close two jump rings securely. Cut one 5" piece of beading wire. String on one crimp bead, then thread wire end through one closed jump ring about 1". Thread end back through crimp bead. Slide crimp bead close to jump ring to create 1/8" loop, leaving a 1" tail. Use crimping pliers to secure.
- *String one rondelle bead and one amethyst chip bead* onto beading wire, covering tail. Repeat * through * four times, then string final rondelle bead and second crimp bead. Thread wire through second closed jump ring and back through crimp bead and adjacent beads. Adjust to take up slack and create 1/8" loop, then use crimping pliers to secure. Trim excess wire as needed.
- Open one jump at one side of beaded strand and attach 11 1/2" chain. Close jump ring securely. Repeat to attach 9" chain to other side.
- Dangles: Pick up one eye pin and string on one 4mm amethyst bead. Fold wire over at right angle, trim wire to 3/8" and form simple loop. Open one jump ring and add one dagger bead. Before closing attach to one side of eye pin link. Close jump ring. Open loop on other side and attach one 1/2" piece of chain. Close loop. Repeat 5 times, using second 1/2" chain, both 3/4" pieces, and both 1" pieces.
- Open one jump ring and attach one 1/2" chain dangle, one 3/4" dangle and one 1" dangle. Before closing jump ring attach to one eye pin. Close jump ring. Repeat.
- String one of the eye pins with chain dangles into one cone then string on one 4mm amethyst bead. Form simple loop. Repeat.
- Open loop at top of one cone assembly and attach remaining 1/2" piece of chain. Close loop. Repeat to attach 1 1/2" piece of chain to second cone assembly.
- Open one jump ring and attach the end chain links of both cone assemblies. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach to jump ring placed in Step 9. Before closing attach to loop of Artisan clasp ring. Close jump ring.
- Open pinch bail slightly and attach to the Artisan clasp ring. Add the 11 1/2" side of the necklace and pinch closed.
- Open one jump ring and attach clasp bar at one end of necklace. Repeat to attach clasp ring at other end.
- Use crimping pliers to attach crimp covers over crimp beads.