Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for videos on jump rings and setting eyelets).
- Choose one leather remnant for your center focal.
- Center focal link on top of remnant. Mark holes with pencil. Use leather punching pliers to make 2mm holes where marked.
- Center link on remnant again and insert one 5.3mm eyelet down through hole at one end and through leather underneath.
- Turn stack of components over and place eyelet flange side down onto anvil.
- Position setter into end of eyelet and tap with hammer until set (see setter instructions).
- Repeat Steps 3-5 at other end.
- Make a centered pencil mark 1/8” from each end of remnant. Punch 2mm holes where marked.
- Place one washer onto one 3.7mm eyelet. Insert eyelet through hole at one end, then repeat Steps 4-5.
- Repeat Step 8 at other end.
- For remaining remnants repeat Steps 7-8 at ONE end of each remnant
- Repeat setting process to add eyelets with or without washers where desired.
- Use one jump ring to attach center pendant to center link of chain. Attach 2nd and 3rd remnants 4 links (3/4”) apart to right. Repeat with 4th & 5th remnants to left.
- Open link at one end of chain and attach clasp bar. Repeat at other end to attach clasp ring.
Download the Remnants Necklace PDF