- 2 Woven Earring Post (94-1081-27)
- 4 Woven Bar Link (94-3205-27)
- 16 Woven Short Bead (94-5531-27)
- 6 Woven Barrel Bead (94-5529-27)
- 6 Eye Pin 2” 21 Gauge (01-0027-27)
- 2 Oval Jump Ring 20 Gauge, 4x3mm ID (01-0018-27)
- 42" Brass Cable Chain 1.25mm (20-1625-26)
- 42" Brass Cable Chain 1.25mm (20-1625-27)
- 26 3mm Crystal Pearl, Light Blue
- 22 Gauge craft wire
- wire cutters
- chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 4”
Designer: Katie Hill
Download the Royalty Earrings PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: The Woven Bar links are two-sided. Choose your favorite side to face forward in each position.*
- Cut ten 2" pieces of craft wire. Set aside.
- Cut 24 pieces of brass (-27) chain 1 1/4" long. Cut 12 pieces 1" long.
- Repeat Step 2 with gold (-26) chain.
- Open the loop on one eye pin. String on six 1 1/4" strands of brass chain and six 1 1/4" strands of gold. Close loop. Repeat 3 times. Set aside.
- Repeat Step 4 with 1" strands, repeating once.
- Pick up one eye pin tassel and string one barrel bead, one pearl, and one short bead onto wire. Above last bead bend wire over at right angle. Trim to 1/2" and form simple loop.
- Repeat Step 5 with remaining eye pins. Set aside.
- Pick up one 2" piece of craft wire. Bend one end over 1/2" from the end and form a simple loop. Open loop and attach to hole at one end of a bar link*. Close loop.
- Onto the wire string one pearl, one short bead and one pearl. After pearl bend wire at right angle. Use round nose pliers to begin a simple loop, rolling halfway until wire end is pointing in the opposite direction. Thread the end hole of second bar link* onto wire, then use round nose pliers to complete simple loop. (Hint - if helpful use round nose pliers to hold wire, and use chain nose pliers to grasp tip and pull wire around.) Trim excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 8-9 four times, connecting the consecutive holes in the bar links.
- Open the loop of one 1 1/4" tassel assembly and attach to end hole on bottom edge of second bar link. Close loop. Repeat to attach one 1" tassel assembly to the middle hole, and a second 1 1/4" tassel to the opposite end hole.
- Open one jump ring and attach one earring post at top of earring.
- Repeat Steps 8-12 for second earring.