Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Wrapped Loops)
Tip: Bail making pliers are extremely useful for this project. If you don't have any, use a pen or other round form approx. 8mm or 5/16" in diameter.
- Lay bead frame onto work surface and place 6mm bead inside.
- Thread head pin through one hole of bead frame, then position bead so holes align and thread head pin through bead and top hole of bead frame.
- String one faceted spacer or other accent bead onto head pin.
- Bend wire over at right angle above accent bead. (If using a crystal accent bead protect top of bead with thumb nail to prevent cracking.)
- Use 8mm section of bail making plier jaws to form a loop in the wire, bringing tail all the way around past bottom of loop.
- Grasp tip of wire tail with chain nose pliers and wrap around once. Trim excess closely.
- Optional: use emery board to smooth wire end to prevent snagging.
- Repeat Steps 1-7 for additional stitch markers.
Download the Sarah's Stitch Markers PDF