- 2 French Hook SS Ear Wire, Reg Loop (90-1170-01)
- 2 Charm Keeper Hoop, 20mm (01-0400-11)
- 2 Sea Turtle Charm (94-2553-12)
- 2 Tiny Sea Star Charm (94-2551-12)
- 12 Head Pin, 24ga 2” (01-0029-01)
- 22 Oval Jump Ring 3x2mm ID (01-0016-01)
- 7” Embossed Cable Chain, 2.5mm (20-1525-63)
- 4 Coral beads, red/orange, 6-8mm
- 4 Coral beads, white, 6mm
- 4 Round gemstone beads, blue, 4mm
- 24ga craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- Round nose pliers
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 3”
Designer: Tracy Gonzales
Download the Sea Turtle Earrings PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
Tip: Determine which side of charm keeper hoop will be the front, and be mindful of that detail when creating the second earring.
- String one coral or gemstone bead onto one head pin. Form wrapped loop. Trim excess wire. Repeat with remaining head pins and beads. Set aside.
- Cut one 2 1/2" piece of craft wire. Create a gentle curve at the center. Hold the curved section near the top loop of one charm keeper hoop. Wrap each end around hoop on either side of loop three times, leaving about 1/4" of curve between the wraps. Finish wraps on inside of hoop and trim excess wire.
- Open one jump ring and attach one sea star charm to craft wire. Close jump ring.
- Cut chain into six pieces - two each approximately 1 1/2", 1 1/4", and 1" long. (Vary lengths as desired.)
- Open one jump ring and attach one 1 1/2" piece of chain to one hoop. Close jump ring. Repeat to attach one 1 1/4" piece to one side of the 1 1/2" piece, and one 1" piece on the other side.
- Open one jump ring and attach one sea turtle charm to center chain approximately 1/3 to halfway down.
- Arrange two of each color bead dangles along the chains as desired. Use jump rings to attach.
- Attach one ear wire to top of earring.
- Repeat Steps 2-8 for second earring.