Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: When adjusting beads and wire before final crimping, take up the extra slack but leave enough room in the strand so that the necklace can still curve freely.
- Cut a 24" piece of beading wire.
- Open the 5x3mm jump ring and attach it to the pendant. Close securely. Set aside.
- Open the 4x3mm jump ring and attach it to the button shank. Close securely.
- String one crimp bead onto beading wire, then thread end through jump ring about 1" and back through crimp bead. Slide crimp bead up to button creating a loop about 1/8" long. Secure with crimping pliers. Trrm excess wire.
- String on 13 pearl beads.
- String on about 3" of coral beads and pearls, graduating from more pearls at the beginning of the segment to more coral at the end of the segment.
- String on one spacer bead, then 1/2" of coral beads, one pearl, and 1/2" of coral beads.
- Repeat Step 7 twice more.
- String 1/2" of coral beads, one pearl, pendant, one pearl, and 1/2" of coral.
- Repeat Step 7 three times.
- Repeat Step 6 in reverse order.
- String on one spacer bead and one crimp bead.
- To create button loop string approx. 1 1/4" of seed beads and thread end of wire back through crimp bead and spacer bead. Check size of button loop to assure fit. Add or remove beads as necessary.
- Adjust all beads and wire to take up excess slack, then use crimping pliers to secure. Trim excess wire.