Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for video on simple loops).
Tip: When making the small simple loops, grip the end of the wire 1/8” or so* from the tip of the round nose plier jaws to keep the loops as small as possible. Use scrap wire clippings for practice. (*Round nose plier jaws vary.)
- Pick up one head pin and string on one pearl. At top of pearl bend wire over at right angle and trim to ¼”. Use round nose pliers to make a small simple loop.
- Pick up one trimmed wire segment. Create an eyepin by bending at right angle ¼” from one end and making a small simple loop. Open loop and attach pearl dangle. Close loop.
- Onto eyepin string one bell cone, one bow bead, one bicone crystal, and one 2mm bead. At top of final bead bend wire at right angle. Trim to 3/8” and form a simple loop.
- Open the loop on one ear wire and attach to simple loop. Close loop.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for second earring.
Download the Silver Bells Earrings PDF