- 1 Rope Magnetic Clasp Set (94-6240-26)
1 Cut Spindle Pendant (94-2556-26)
2 Shell Bead Cap (94-5841-26)
24 Disk 3mm Spacer (93-0439-25)
2 Crimp Bead 2x2mm (01-0030-25)
2 Crimp Cover 3mm (01-0031-25)
7 Round Jump Ring 20 Gauge 4mm ID (01-0024-09)
8 8mm faceted rondelle gemstone beads
6 8mm pearl beads
12 Size 8 seed beads
206 3mm wooden heishi beads
- Wire cutters
- Chain and/or flat nose pliers (2)
- Crimping pliers
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 20”
Designer: Denise Varville
Download the Spindle & Pearl Necklace PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Crimping).
Tip: Wooden heishi beads vary in thickness. Each wooden heishi section should be about 1 1/2" long. Adjust number of beads if necessary.
- Attach one jump ring to pendant. Close jump ring. Set aside.
- Close two jump rings. Set aside.
- Cut one 22" piece of beading wire.
- String one crimp bead onto beading wire followed by one closed jump ring.
- Thread end of wire back through crimp bead and adjust bead up close to jump ring leaving a short tail. Secure with crimping pliers.
- Covering tail, *string on one disk spacer, one seed bead, one disk spacer, and 25 wooden heishi beads. Repeat 3 times*.
- String one disk, one seed bead, one disk, 3 wooden heishi, one disk, one seed bead, and one disk.
- String one bead cap, one gemstone, one pearl, one gemstone, one pearl, one gemstone, one pearl, and one gemstone.
- String on pendant.
- Repeat Step 8 in reverse order.
- String one disk, one seed bead, one disk, and 3 wooden heishi.
- Repeat * through *.
- String one disk, one seed bead, and one disk.
- Repeat Step 4-5, adjusting all beads to take up slack in wire before securing with crimping pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Open one jump ring and attach to one clasp component. Close jump ring. Repeat with second jump ring and clasp component.
- Use one jump ring to attach one clasp component to jump ring at one side of necklace. Close jump ring. Repeat with second clasp component.