- 2 Succulent Earring Post (94-1085-12)
- 2 Jardin Crimp End (94-5826-12)
- 2 Oval Jump Rings 21ga 4x3mm ID (01-0018-01)
- 2 Clear Comfort Post Clutch (01-0012-03)
- 20 Size 6 Seed Beads (Dyna-Mites 5455SB shown)
- 48" 1mm cotton or nylon cord
- Jewelry adhesive (optional)
- chain nose pliers
- flat nose or parallel pliers
- needle nose tweezers
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 2”
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Succulent Tassel Earrings PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Succulent Tassel Earrings Jewelry Making Demo
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tips: Use chain or flat nose pliers to flatten the top of the coil before tucking into cord end. When crimping cord end try squeezing from the loop side.
- Cut one 24" piece of cord.
- Wrap cord around fingers five times, creating a coil about 2" long.
- Use tweezers to grasp the strands at the top of the coil. Straighten strands so they are neatly aligned, then use pliers to flatten.
- Pick up one cord end and use tweezers to tuck the top of the strands inside securely.
- Use flat nose or parallel pliers to crimp cord end until secure.
- Use scissors to cut loops at the bottom of the coil, creating a tassel.
- String one seed bead onto one strand of the tassel. Tie an overhand knot at the bottom. Do not tighten yet.
- Repeat Step 7 on the remaining 9 strands.
- Adjust position of seed beads and knots as desired before tightening knots securely. (Optional: apply a tiny drop of adhesive to each knot for extra security.)
- Trim cord ends as desired.
- Open one jump ring and attach to loop at top of cord end. Before closing attach loop of one earring post. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 1-11 for second earring.
Variation: Try using the larger Distressed 6x2mm Crimp End Caps for this variation. Choose 3 colors of 1mm cotton cord. Hold the 3 different colors together and wrap twice for a tassel with 12 strands. Embellish individual strands with spacers, beads and crimp beads.