Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tips: Use chain or flat nose pliers to flatten the top of the coil before tucking into cord end. When crimping cord end try squeezing from the loop side.
- Cut one 24" piece of cord.
- Wrap cord around fingers five times, creating a coil about 2" long.
- Use tweezers to grasp the strands at the top of the coil. Straighten strands so they are neatly aligned, then use pliers to flatten.
- Pick up one cord end and use tweezers to tuck the top of the strands inside securely.
- Use flat nose or parallel pliers to crimp cord end until secure.
- Use scissors to cut loops at the bottom of the coil, creating a tassel.
- String one seed bead onto one strand of the tassel. Tie an overhand knot at the bottom. Do not tighten yet.
- Repeat Step 7 on the remaining 9 strands.
- Adjust position of seed beads and knots as desired before tightening knots securely. (Optional: apply a tiny drop of adhesive to each knot for extra security.)
- Trim cord ends as desired.
- Open one jump ring and attach to loop at top of cord end. Before closing attach loop of one earring post. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Steps 1-11 for second earring.