Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and About Crimp Ends).
Tip: To widen crimp end opening, insert tips of chain nose pliers inside and open jaws. Widen just enough to fit materials.
Steps (for 1 pair of earrings)
- Cut one 12" piece of lace. Set aside.
- Widen opening of crimp end as needed (see Tip), then use toothpick to apply light layer of glue inside opening.
- Hold non-dominant hand palm towards you, then pick up lace and drape 1 1/2" in front of fingers. Wrap over and around 2 or 3 fingers to create three loops, ending at back. (Fig 1)
- Slip tweezers underneath loops at top and remove wrap from fingers.
- Straighten and align as desired, then remove tweezers and use fingers to pinch top of loops flat.
- Tuck top of wrap inside crimp end, using tweezers to assist and align.
- When positioned as desired use flat, nylon, or parallel pliers to gently flatten crimp end until secure.
- Use scissors to cut loops at bottom and trim as desired.
- Open loop on one ear wire and attach to top of crimp end. Close loop.
- Repeat all steps for second earring.