Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
Tip: Several of our customers' websites have viking knit tutorials, including FireMountainGems, Beadaholique.com and JewelrySupply.com. For tubular peyote tutorials try FacetJewelry.com, Artbeads.com or FusionBeads.com.
- Thread needle with 3 ft of thread.
- Pick up 12 seed beads. Move beads near the end of the thread leaving a 4" tail. Form a circle with the beads and tie tail and working thread together in a square knot.
- Place the ring of beads onto viking knit segment (or cord), then begin tubular peyote stitch: *pick up one seed bead then skip one bead in the ring and sew through the next bead*. Repeat * through * all the way around the ring. Pass needle through the first bead of row 1 and the first bead of row 2 to position needle for row 3. Continue until tube is approximately 3/4" long or desired length.
- Weave through a few beads, securing thread by knotting a couple of times. Remove needle and trim excess thread.
- Repeat Step 4 with tail.
- Cut one 4" piece of 22ga craft wire. Thread wire through the viking knit at one end of the segment. Center wire then insert both ends through one cord end. Pull until the cord end is securely seated on the end of the knitted segment, then secure with wrapped loop.
- Repeat Step 6 at other end.
- Open one jump ring and attach to one end of the bracelet. Close jump ring. Add a second jump ring to first. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach to clasp bar. Before closing attach to second jump ring placed in Step 8. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach to other end of bracelet. Before closing add the narrow end of the clasp ring. Close jump ring.
Download the Temple Viking Knit Bracelet PDF