Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tip: Make sure your 6/0 seed beads have holes large enough for the 14ga wire.
- Cut 1 full round of silver wire braid and two full rounds of gold.
- Align the three rounds with the silver in the middle.
- Use toothpick to apply a small amount of adhesive inside one of the crimp ends.
- Align the ends of the wires evenly at one side, then insert into the crimp end. Use parallel pliers to flatten crimp end onto the wires firmly. Allow to dry.
- String one 6/0 bead on the center wire (hint: if necessary twist the bead in the direction of the twist of the wire), then one barrel bead onto all three wires. Repeat three times. String final 6/0 bead onto center wire.
- Place bracelet onto wrist to check for size. Allowing about 1" for clasp assembly, trim wire ends as needed, cutting center wire 1/4" shorter than outer wires.
- Arrange beads along bracelet evenly, bending outer wires slightly to fit around seed beads. Once arranged as desired secure barrel beads in place using parallel pliers.
- Use wire cutters to even up wire ends as needed, then repeat Steps 3-4 with second crimp end.
- Use bracelet bending pliers (or mandrel) to refine shape of bracelet, being careful not to break glass seed beads.
- Open one jump ring and attach to one end of bracelet. Before closing attach one side of magnetic clasp. Close jump ring.
- Repeat Step 10 on other side of bracelet.
Leather cord variation - just replace the 14ga wire braid with 1.5mm leather cord