Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on jump rings).
Tip: Cord widths and bead hole sizes can vary. Make sure that your cord and seed beads are compatible.
- Close all jump rings.
- Trim both ends of cord at a sharp angle to facilitate stringing.
- Thread cord through button shank and slide button to center of cord. Tie overhand knot next to shank (Fig 1) and tighten securely.
- String one bead onto one cord. String one jump ring onto both cords.
- Repeat Step 4 to desired length*, alternating cords with each bead. (*5 beads and 5 jump rings add approximately ½”.)
- As you work slide all beads down to knot so that they nestle together.
- When bracelet reaches desired length, tie overhand knot in both cords after final bead.
- To form button loop tie second overhand knot approximately ½” from first (Fig 2). Check to make sure button fits, then tighten knot.
- Onto one tail string one bead and one spacer. Repeat twice. Tie overhand knot after final spacer. Tighten securely and trim excess cord.
- Repeat Step 9 on second tail.