- 2 Western Clasps (94-6258-26)
- 2 French Hook GF Ear Wires w/2mm Bead (90-3120-10)
- 2 Nugget 5mm Large Hole Spacers (93-0449-25)
- 2 Gemstone 8mm Rondelle Large Hole Beads (Blue Crazy Lace Agate shown)
- 3mm Flat Suede Lace
- Hypo Cement Jewelers Adhesive (optional)
- chain nose pliers
- sharp nose tweezers
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 4"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Western Lace Earrings PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Western Lace Earrings
This design is also available as a KIT
Watch our technique videos TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tips: This project uses only the rings of the toggle clasps. Set toggle bars aside for use in another project. Cut tips of lace at sharp angles for easier threading.*
- Cut two 7" pieces of suede lace.*
- Pick up one piece and fold in half.
- Pick up one hoop and choose which side will face to front of earring. Thread loop of folded lace through the hoop from the front. (Fig 1)
- Bring lace ends behind hoop and thread through loop to form Lark’s Head Knot. (Fig 2)
- Adjust lace so strands extend from bottom of hoop and pull ends to tighten, straightening strands and adjusting for equal length. (Fig 3)
- Grasp both lace tips together with tweezers and thread through one gemstone bead. Slide bead up to knot.
- Repeat Step 6 with one nugget spacer.
- Open loop of one ear wire and attach to top of hoop. Close loop.
- Trim lace ends as desired.
- Repeat Steps 2-9 for second earring.
- Optional: Suede lace can vary in thickness. If beads fit too loosely on the lace and slide down apply a tiny amount of adhesive inside beads and allow to dry.