- 1 Grooved Bead (94-5505-12)
- 1 Tree Charm (94-2454-12)
- 2 Nugget Spacer, LH (93-0449-40)
- 1 8mm Gemstone Bead w/2.5mm hole (Serpentine* shown)
- 20” 2mm Leather Cord (Natural Black shown)
* Serpentine: believed to assist in the retrieval of wisdom, bringing strength, peace and longevity.
- Optional: super glue or jewelry adhesive
- Optional: awl or sharp nose tweezers
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
Finished Size: Approx. 6-9”
Watch our "How to Make TierraCast's Mantra Bracelets" project video
Tip: Before beginning lightly stretch cord by grasping each end and pulling gently. This will minimize stretching later.
- Tie one overhand knot approximately at center of cord.
- String on one spacer bead, gemstone bead, second spacer bead, and charm. Slide all to knot.
- Tie second overhand knot next to charm.
- Use scissors to trim cord ends at sharp angles (to facilitate threading through Grooved Bead).
- String Grooved Bead onto one end of cord.
- Thread other end of cord through bead from opposite side. (Fig 1) (If you have trouble getting cord through try pushing with awl or sharp nosed tweezers.)
- Pull ends to adjust loop to size that will just fit over hand.
- Tie overhand knot in one cord end next to bead. Repeat on other side. (Fig 2)
- Adjust placement of beads and knots at center of bracelet if necessary, then tighten all knots and trim excess cord. (Optional: apply adhesive to knots for added security.)
- To loosen bracelet pull cords until knots are next to bead. To tighten bracelet pull knots away from bead.
Download the Wisdom Bracelet PDF