Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for video on wrapped loops).
Tip: Be sure the wrapped loops are oriented in the same direction so the earrings hang correctly.
- Use wire cutters to cut 5" of wire.
- Use round nose pliers to form a loop about 1 1/2" from the wire’s end, using the widest part of the pliers’ jaws.
- String 1 gemstone drop on the loop. Use chain nose pliers to finish the wrapped loop.
- Use round nose pliers to form a loop on the other end of the wire.
- String 1 botanical birds link on the loop, connecting to the bottom hole of the link. Use chain-nose pliers to finish the wrapped loop so it meets the previous wrapped loop. Trim any excess wire.
- Use chain nose pliers to connect 1 ear wire to the top hole of the botanical bird link.
- Repeat all steps to form the second earring.
Download the Wooded Haven Earrings PDF