Design Inspiration Supplies
- 2 Niobium Gray Earwires (90-5120-26)
- 2 Botanical Birds Link (94-3220-40)
- 2 37mm top drilled gemstone drops (Blue Apatite shown)
- 10" 24ga craft wire, brass
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Size: Approx. 3”
Designer: Katie Hill
Watch our technique videos playlist on YouTube (look for video on wrapped loops).
Tip: Be sure the wrapped loops are oriented in the same direction so the earrings hang correctly.
- Use wire cutters to cut 5" of wire.
- Use round nose pliers to form a loop about 1 1/2" from the wire’s end, using the widest part of the pliers’ jaws.
- String 1 gemstone drop on the loop. Use chain nose pliers to finish the wrapped loop.
- Use round nose pliers to form a loop on the other end of the wire.
- String 1 botanical birds link on the loop, connecting to the bottom hole of the link. Use chain-nose pliers to finish the wrapped loop so it meets the previous wrapped loop. Trim any excess wire.
- Use chain nose pliers to connect 1 earwire to the top hole of the botanical bird link.
- Repeat all steps to form the second earring.