- 1 Blossom Hand Charm (94-2549-12)
2 Meandering Cone w/Loop (94-5839-12)
1 Tanzanite Beaded Drop (94-6825-12)
3 Turkish 4.5mm Spacer Bead (93-0425-12)
2 Round Jump Ring 16 Gauge 5mm ID (01-0020-01)
2 Round Jump Ring 20 Gauge 4mm ID (01-0024-01)
22" 5-6mm kumihimo or braided cord
- 1mm Rattail or chinese knotting cord to complement 5-6mm cord.
- Optional: size 11 cylinder seed beads, beading thread, needles
- 1 Floral Clasp Set (94-6196-12)
- 3 Oval Jump Ring 20 Gauge 4x3mm ID (01-0018-01)
- Chain or flat nose pliers (2)
- Jewelry adhesive
Skill Level: Intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 23”
Designer: Katie Hill
Download the Blossom Hand Necklace PDF
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings).
Tip: The seed bead accents require knowledge of basic peyote stitch seed beading techniques.
- If using a pre-made nylon braided cord with sliding knot, cut in half at front of necklace. Use adhesive to attach one cone on each side. Allow to dry.
- If using a single piece of braided or kumihimo cord, use adhesive to attach one cone on each end. Allow to dry.
- Use cylinder beads to form peyote stitch panels 6 beads wide (or wider) and 12-14 rows long to fit around cord as desired.
- Attach one 5mm jump ring to each cone.
- If available, attach cord accent rings to each 5mm jump ring as focal. Use 4mm jump rings to attach hand charm and bezel charm to accent ring.
- Option B closure: Use one oval jump ring to attach clasp ring to one 5mm jump ring on one cone. Use a second oval jump ring to attach clasp ring to other cone.
- Use oval jump rings to attach hand charm and bezel charm to clasp ring.
- Cut one 6" piece of 1mm cord. Apply small amount of adhesive to each end and twist between fingers to stiffen. Allow to dry. Trim at angle if desired.
- Form cord tassel by threading end of cord through focal (clasp ring, or cord rings) and pull through until centered, then thread both ends through one spacer bead. Bring spacer bead up to top.
- String one spacer bead onto one end of cord, then tie a knot in cord approx. 1" from end. Repeat at other end of cord.
- Use sharp tweezers to fray ends of cord up to knots. (optional)