- 1 Craftsman Clasp (94-6205-40)
- 2 Jardin 6x2mm Crimp End Cap (94-5863-40)
- 2 Jardin 6x2mm Barrel Bead (94-5864-40)
- 1 Blank Charm (94-2401-40)
- 1 Star Charm w/SS9 Crystal (94-6848-40)
- 1 Moon Charm w/SS9 Crystal (94-6847-40)
- 4 Crimp Cover 3mm (01-0032-11)
- 5 Round Jump Ring 20g 4mm ID (01-0024-70)
- 1 Austrian 4mm (SS16) Flatback Crystal (Aquamarine shown)
- 30" Round Leather Cord, 2mm
- chain nose pliers
- parallel or flat nose pliers
- crimping pliers
- scissors or leather snips
- ImpressArt Crystal Setter Punch, 4mm
- small bench block
- large paper clip or small binder clip
- GS Hypo Cement Adhesive
Skill Level: Beginner-intermediate (some stamping experience recommended)
Finished Size: Approx. 7 1/2"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Braided Sparkle Bracelet PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Braided Sparkle Bracelet Jewelry Making Demo
Watch our technique videos TierraCast Blog (look for Crimping, Simple Loops and Jump Rings).
Tip: The surface of our blank charms is slightly domed. Center punch carefully and after initial hammer strike, strike again a few times while rotating punch at slight angles to deepen the recess around the edges. Visit the Education section of the ImpressArt website for info on all things stamping!
- Use hammer and 4mm punch to stamp a recess in the center of the Blank charm. Apply a tiny amount of adhesive to recess and press 4mm flatback crystal securely into adhesive. Set aside to dry.
- Attach 1 jump ring to each of the moon and star charms. Set aside.
- Cut cord into 3 equal pieces. Align strands and insert the 3 ends into 1 crimp end. Squeeze firmly with parallel or flat nose pliers to secure. (Hint: squeeze from both sides and top.) Test hold carefully and use pliers again if needed. (Optional: apply a small amount of adhesive inside crimp end for added security.)
- Braid strands together about 1 3/4", then thread 1 barrel bead onto all 3 strands.
- String moon charm, blank charm, and star charm onto center strand of cord, then string on second barrel bead.
- Position barrel beads 1 1/4" apart, then use parallel or flat nose pliers to secure in place, squeezing just enough to keep them from sliding.
- Braid strands for another 1 3/4", the place a paper clip over end of braid. Trim cord ends evenly about 1/4" from clip.
- Insert ends into second crimp end and secure with pliers.
- Cluster charms at center and use front notch of crimping pliers to secure 1 crimp cover over center cord 1/4" from barrel bead. (Hint: try to keep the crimp cover opening to underside of bracelet.) Secure second crimp cover 1/4" from second barrel bead.
- Secure two more crimp covers on either side of the center charm, spacing them evenly between the first two.
- Use 1 jump ring to attach clasp ring at one end. Use 2 jump rings to attach clasp bar at other end.