- 1 Heirloom Clasp (94-6070-18)
- 2 Temple 6mm Cord End, No Loop (94-5849-18)
- 14 Oval Jump Ring 20ga, 3x2mm ID (01-0016-08)
- Ultra Micro-fiber Suede, 3mm Turquoise
- Ultra Micro-fiber Suede, 3mm Dk. Orange
- Ultra Micro-fiber Suede, 3mm Olive
- Size 11 Seed Bead blend of orange, lt.green, lt.blue, purple, and red
- 24 Gauge Craft Wire, Copper
- Fireline or Wildfire Thread, 6lb
- chain nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- flush cutters
- beading awl or push pin
- big eye beading needle
- thread cutter
- fine sharpie or pen
Skill Level: Beginner-intermediate
Finished Size: Approx. 7 1/2"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Carnivale Bracelet PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Carnivale Bracelet
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Wrapped Loops).
Tip: This is a great bead soup project! Use leftover seed beads in an assortment that goes well with the suede lace. This design can also be made with fine beading wire and crimp beads instead of beading thread.
- Close 6 oval jump rings securely. Set aside.
- Cut one 6 1/4" piece of each color of suede lace. Set aside.
- Cut one 20" piece of thread.
- Fold thread in half. Attach to one closed jump ring with a Lark's Head Knot, then thread needle onto the loose ends.
- Pick up 6" of seed beads.
- Thread needle through second closed jump ring, then back into bead strand for 5-6 beads. Adjust beads and jump ring to take up all slack, then loop thread around strand where needle exits and pass needle through loop to form an overhand knot. Take care to keep knot in the space where the needle exits and to keep slack out of strand, then tighten knot.
- Pass needle through a few more beads and repeat knotting. Pass needle through a few more beads and trim thread.
- Repeat Steps 3-7 two more times.
- Use pen to make a centered mark 1/8" from the end of one piece of suede lace, then carefully use awl to make a hole at mark. Attach one jump ring to hole and close jump ring. Repeat at other end.
- Repeat Step 9 twice.
- Cut one 3" piece of craft wire. Thread wire through end jump rings of all strands, alternating beaded strands and suede lace strands.
- Curve wire up so ends meet. Thread ends into one cord end and through hole at top. Grasp wire ends with chain nose pliers and pull strands securely up into cord end. Bend wires over at top of cord ends and use round nose pliers to form wrapped loop. Trim wire ends and tuck in.
- Repeat Steps 11-12 at other end of bracelet.
- Open one jump ring and attach clasp ring at one end of bracelet. Close jump ring.
- Open one jump ring and attach at other end. Close jump ring. Attach final jump ring to jump ring just placed, adding clasp bar before closing.