Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Simple Loops).
Tip: To increase or decrease bracelet size, add or subtract one or more beads on each side of bracelet. To use a charm instead of the cowrie bead, replace head pin with one small jump ring.
- String cowrie shell bead onto head pin. At top of bead bend wire over at right angle. Use wire cutters to trim wire to 3/8". Use round nose pliers to form simple loop. Set aside.
- Cut one 14” piece of stretch cord.
- Pre-stretch cord by pulling from both ends several times.
- String bail onto cord and move to center.
- String *one coral bead, one bead cap, one rondelle, and one bead cap* onto cord on one side of bail. Repeat * through *, followed by 9 wooden beads.
- Repeat Step 5 on other side of bail.
- Check for size: wrap ends of cords around wrist. Add or subtract beads as necessary so that the beads meet when the strand is not too loose and not too tight on wrist.
- Secure cord ends with surgeon’s knot. (Fig.1) Tighten securely, pulling cords from all directions to make sure knot does not come loose.
- Apply small amount of nail polish or adhesive to knot. Allow to dry.
- Trim cord ends.
- Open loop on bead dangle. Attach dangle to bail and close loop.