- 2 French Hook Niobium Ear Wire w/2mm bead, Copper (90-5128-11)
- 2 Celestial Brilliance Pendant with Crystal (94-6843-04) OR
- 2 Oval Scroll 14x10mm Bezel Pendant * (94-2575-18)
- 12 Nugget Large Hole Spacer (93-0449-18)
- 8 Head Pin 2” 21ga (01-0028-08)
- 2 Round Jump Ring 18ga 8mm ID (01-0026-18)
- 4 Antique Style Octagonal Czech Bead 6mm, Silver: Alexandrite
- 4 Antique Style Octagonal Czech Bead 8mm, Cobalt
- 2 Oval 14x10mm European Crystal or Gemstone Cabuchon in choice of color * (if using 94-2575 Oval Scroll Bezel)
- 16" 2mm Round Leather Cord, Brown
- chain nose pliers (2)
- round nose pliers
- flush cutters
- scissors or leather snips
- super glue for knots
- * E6000 Adhesive or two part epoxy for bezels and stones
Skill Level: Beginner
Finished Size: Approx. 3"
Designer: Tracy Proctor
Download the Galaxy Earrings PDF
Watch the Demo Video: Galaxy Earrings
Watch our technique videos on the TierraCast Blog (look for Jump Rings and Simple Loops).
Tip: This design uses a "Leather Infinity Loop" technique we first learned from the JewelryTutorialHQ YouTube channel. Look for her "Leather Jewelry Tutorial - DIY Infinity Loops" video!
- If using Oval Scroll Bezels with crystal stones or gemstone cabuchons instead of pre-glued Celestial Brilliance Pendants follow adhesive instructions to secure stones into bezels and allow to dry.
- String one bead onto one head pin. Protecting top of bead bend wire over at right angle. Trim wire to approximately 1/2" and use round nose pliers to form a simple loop. Repeat with remaining beads and head pins. Set aside.
- Open one round jump ring and attach to top of oval bezel pendant. Close jump ring. Repeat with second jump ring and pendant.
- Cut cord into two 8" pieces.
- Pick up one cord and string on *one spacer, one 6mm bead dangle, one spacer, one 8mm bead dangle*, and one pendant. String one spacer, then repeat * through * in reverse order.
- Curve cord ends up so that one end is about 1" longer than the other. Bend the shorter end down towards the center about 1". (Fig 1)
- Wrap the longer end around the folded shorter end to form an overhand knot, aiming the tail up. (Fig 2)
- Adjust all loops to desired size, then grasp end of knotted cord with chain nose pliers and pull firmly to tighten. Repeat to make sure knot is secure.
- Apply small amounts of super glue to all inner areas of knot and allow to dry.
- Use scissors or leather snips to trim cord ends close to knot.
- Open loop of one ear wire and attach at top of earring.
- Repeat Steps 5-11 for second earring.